Edge Energy Services Pty Ltd ACN 124 519 928 (Edge, We, Us, Our) recognises the importance of each user’s (You, Your) privacy, is bound by the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) and is committed to protecting any Personal Information We collect about You in accordance with the Australian Privacy Principles.
- what Personal Information about You is collected by Edge;
- how the information is used;
- with whom the information may be shared;
- how You can access and change any Personal Information Edge holds about You;
- what security procedures are in place to protect against the loss, misuse or alteration of Your Personal Information by Edge; and
- how to contact Edge.
- when visiting the Edge Website;
- when using Edge’s online services;
- when entering into an agreement with Edge for the supply of goods and/or services; and
- when You correspond or communicate with Edge over the telephone or in any other manner, including by letter, facsimile or email.
In addition to collecting Personal Information directly from You, We may also obtain Personal Information about You from third party sources and other third party service providers.
Failure by You to provide Personal Information when requested by Edge may mean that We are unable to most efficiently provide certain services to You or Our clients.
Why We collect and use Personal Information
Edge takes Your personal privacy seriously. We may collect personal information about you:
- because You have provided it directly to Us, for instance contact details, date of birth, title gender and credit card numbers or bank account details;
- to provide a service that You have requested such as providing details to another association or service provider for service provision, or billing purposes;
- to provide You with the most appropriate services for Your needs;
- because You work for Us;
- for purposes directly related to any of the above and any of Our services;
- to provide follow-up on information regarding Edge including responding to enquiries or providing Our services to You;
- to meet any requirements of government funding for programs including receiving, collecting and collating de-identified statistical information; and
- to monitor and evaluate existing services and plan for future services.
We only use Your Personal Information for purposes which are directly related to the reason We sourced Your information in the first place and where You would reasonably expect us to use Your information. This may include sharing Your Personal Information with Our or other service-related agents and providers.
We may also share Your information with government or regulatory bodies (such as the Australian Taxation Office or ASIC) as required or authorised by law. These agencies may also share this information with organisations or agencies outside Australia.
What types of information do We collect?
Types of Information
Edge gathers two types of information about You, namely:
- aggregated information generated by Our systems (or third party systems) to track Our Website traffic but that which does not identify You personally; and
- Personal Information about You such as Your name, address, telephone and facsimile number and email address.
The type of information that Edge collects about You is dependent on how You use the services offered on Our Website and services You are interested in purchasing through Edge.
Collection of aggregate data
Edge also collects non-Personal Information in aggregate form to track data such as the total number of visits to Our Website, the number of visits to specific areas of Our Website and the domain names of Our Website visitors’ internet service providers.
We use this information, which remains in aggregate form, to understand how Our Website visitors use Our Website so that We can constantly improve and enhance Our services.
Edge may use independent persons to measure and analyse the internet usage across Our Website. These persons collect the following type of information:
- the number of page views that occur on Our Website;
- the number of unique browsers to Our Website;
- how long these unique browsers (on average) spend on Our Website when they do visit; and
- common entry and exit points of Our Website.
Your Internet Provider (“IP“) address
Edge’s web servers provide Us with your IP address. This assists Us in the diagnosis of problems and/or support issues with Our services.
Cookies and Applets
Edge may use ‘cookies’ and may use ‘applets’ in its Website systems. These enable You to use certain services on Our Website. You can disable cookies and applets via Your computer’s web browser, but this may restrict access to some web pages and services within the Edge Website.
How We collect Information
Edge may collect Personal Information about You when You visit Our Website, when you use Our on-line services and when You deal with Edge over the telephone or correspond with Edge via facsimile, letter or email or any other mode of communication.
Edge may also collect Personal Information about You from other third party service providers.
How We use Your Personal Information
Edge may use Your Personal Information for one or more of the following purposes:
- to communicate with You, including via email newsletters;
- to facilitate and process contracts between You and Edge and/or third parties;
- to identify the number of people using Edge’s Website services and establish the nature of their interests;
- to conduct Edge marketing activities or for research; and
- to provide You with information about Edge and its services.
Disclosure of Personal Information to third parties
Edge will disclose Your Personal Information to third parties in order to facilitate providing goods and services to You or to others with whom you are dealing or have dealt with.
Where Your Personal Information is passed on to third party contractors, Edge will take reasonable steps to ensure that those individuals and/or organisations are bound by confidentiality and privacy obligations in relation to the protection of Your Personal Information.
Except as set out above, Edge will not disclose your information to a third party without your implied or express consent unless one of the following applies:
- You have given your consent for Us to do so;
- You would reasonably expect us to use or give that information for another purpose related to the purpose for which it was collected (or in the case of sensitive information – directly related to the purpose for which it was collected);
- it is otherwise required or authorised by law; or
- it will prevent or lessen a serious threat to somebody’s life, health or safety or to public health or safety; or
- it is reasonably necessary for Us to take appropriate action in relation to suspected unlawful activity, or misconduct of a serious nature that relates to our functions or activities; or
- it is reasonably necessary for the enforcement of a law conducted by an enforcement body.
Access to and correction of information We hold about You
Upon Your request, Edge will provide You with access to Your Personal Information unless there is an exception which applies under the Australian Privacy Principles. If We deny such access, We will tell You why.
Keeping information up-to-date
Edge strives to ensure that the information We hold about You is accurate, complete and up-to-date at all times.
Storage and security of Your Personal Information
- ensuring our computer systems and websites have security systems in place such as up to date firewall and data encryption;
- maintaining security systems and monitoring of our premises;
- implementing confidentiality agreements with our employees and contractors, sub-contractors and service providers;
- maintaining document storage security policies and procedures; and
- implementing verification procedures for all inquiries/transactions to ensure only authorised people can access personal information.
Unfortunately, no data transmission over the internet can be guaranteed to be totally secure.
Whilst Edge strives to protect such information, We cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information You transmit to Us. Accordingly, You use Our Website and provide Personal Information to Us at Your own risk.
Once any Personal Information comes into Our possession, We will take reasonable steps to protect that information from misuse and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
Links to other websites
The Edge Website contains links to other websites. Please note that these links are intended for Your convenience and information only.
Links to third party websites do not constitute endorsement, sponsorship or approval by Edge of the content, policies or practices of those third party websites.
If You have any concerns regarding Your privacy when visiting a linked third party website, You should ensure that You check the privacy statement/policies of those websites.
For further information about the protection of Your privacy, please visit the Australian Federal Privacy Commissioner’s website at www.oaic.gov.au.
Feedback and questions about privacy and the Edge Website
Edge welcomes ideas and feedback about all aspects of the Edge Website. This feedback may be used to administer and refine the services We provide and may be shared with Edge partners either in aggregate form or with specific identifying characteristics removed.
Meaning of Words
- Australian Privacy Principlesmeans the Australian Privacy Principles contained in Schedule 3 to the Privacy Act 1988 (or an applicable privacy code approved by the Federal Privacy Commissioner pursuant to that Act).
- Personal Informationmeans any information or an opinion about You from which Your identity is apparent or can reasonably be ascertained.